Protection of Your Identity
The Direction des registres et de la certification wishes to inform you:
- that it places no cookies permanently on the hard drives of users ;
- that the temporary cookies that it uses are not used to collect personal information, but rather to facilitate the navigation of users in the website. Most Web browsers are designed to accept cookies, but it is possible to change the settings to refuse them;
- that no personal information is collected without consent of the user.
Automatically Transmitted Information
When you access the Register of Letters Patent for Land website, an exchange of information is done automatically between your computer and the register website servers. This information does not personally identify you (username and e-mail address).
The following information is exchanged:
- the Internet domain name and IP address of the computer used to access our website (the IP address is the number automatically assigned to a computer by an Internet service provider each time that the user browses the Web);
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
- the date and time at which the user accesses our website;
- the visited pages;
- the referring website address.
This exchange of information is necessary due to the technological requirements related to Web browsing, especially for our server to send you a compatible file to your computer equipment in use. The Direction des registres et de la certification maintains the following information necessary for statistical purposes:
- the number of visitors;
- the technology in use by the users;
- the most frequently visited pages;
- the referring websites;
- the country of origin of Web users.
Confidentiality of Personal Information
The Direction des registres et de la certification is aware of the preoccupations of users relatively to the protection of personal information that is transmitted. Personal information transmitted is communicated to another government organization only in cases where your request is addressed to this organization or if this communication is required by law. The transmitted information is not used to establish user profiles and is not sent to a private organization.
Transmission of personal information on the Register of Letters Patent for Land website
Personal information circulating by electronic services of this website is secured by the TLS protocol (Transport Layer Security). This protocol is used to ensure the protection of confidentiality of data exchanged on the Internet.
In addition, the Direction des registres et de la certification has implemented physical, administrative and technical security measures in order to protect the confidentiality and integrity of transmitted information against their loss, destruction, consultation, communication, reproduction, unauthorized use or modification as well as their piracy, and this, regardless of the format on which they are preserved and the location where they are stored.
Transmission of Personal Information by Electronic Mail
Any personal or otherwise confidential information transmitted by email using the address email@example.com, is not protected during its transmission. The Direction des registres et de la certification will not assume any liability for damages that you may incur if you transmit such information.
If you voluntarily communicate this information via email, the Direction des registres et de la certification will use only the required information to answer your message.
Links to Other Websites
The links to other websites are not under the control of the Direction des registres et de la certification and do not indicate that it approves the content of these websites or websites accessible through their intermediary.
For More Information
An Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information